Iloilo City, Philippines - The Ati Tribe Competition is the main attraction at the Dinagyang Festival. 10 High School Groups from around the Visayas region of The Philippines compete in a choreographed rhythm and dance.
Each of the 10 groups represent a unique Ati Tribe, and they highlight specific cultural aspects of that tribe. For example, some tribes were hunters while others were fisherman.
Within the dance, each group demonstrates how the tribes were affected by the arrival of Catholicism (and Santo Nino) to the Philippines.
The Dinagyang Festival was very unique compared to the Sinulog Festival I attended in Cebu, just one week before.
The city of Iloilo Philippines was one of my favorite places of the entire trip. Enjoy!
SUBSCRIBE ► http://bit.ly/TravelDeeper
+ INSTAGRAM ►https://www.instagram.com/tourist2townie
+ FACEBOOK ► https://www.facebook.com/tourist2townie
+ TWITTER ► https://twitter.com/tourist2townie
+ SNAPCHAT ►@GarethChat
+ WEB ► http://www.tourist2townie.com
MY TRAVEL VLOGGING GEAR:
- MacBook Pro 15” → http://amzn.to/2g9K6j3
- LaCie Rugged External Hard Drive → http://amzn.to/2fkojHR
- Sony a7ii → http://amzn.to/2gCeBDj
- Sony a7ii 24-70 Lens → http://amzn.to/2fhWexs
- DJI Phantom 4 Drone → http://amzn.to/2g9ALI4
- GoPro Hero 4 → http://amzn.to/2gvfJYI
- KNEKT Underwater Dome → http://amzn.to/2gez11u
- Rode Shotgun Mic → http://amzn.to/2gvg5yg
- Manfrotto 60” Compact Action Tripod → http://amzn.to/2gducpn
- Joby Tripod → http://amzn.to/2gdo6FA
- Zoom H2n Handy Recorder → http://amzn.to/2gdmKuE
- Backup Batteries for Sony A7ii → http://amzn.to/2fhYchl
- Backup Batteries for Sony RX100iv → http://amzn.to/2gvbqfO
P.S. Did you subscribe? If so, did you click on the notifications bell to receive updates when I launch a new video? If so, thank you!