Welcome to the second day or ROUND 2 of the World Chocolate Masters 2018 WORLD FINAL. The world's 20 upcoming top pastry chefs, representing as many nations, will go head to head in a 3-day battle. Only one will win the title of World Chocolate Master.
This 'Futropolis' edition will take you in the future of chocolate gastronomy: what will patisserie, bonbon and chocolate snacks look like ten years from now?
During this second round, you will see the 20 finalists at work, split in 2 groups of 10.
All 20 finalists will work on 3 assignments:
• A chocolate tablet of the future: with a unique shape and format, and with exciting pairings and textures
• A chocolate snack to go that fits the nomadic style of the future citizens. The snack should be a unique format – away from the formats we know from savory snacks. And it should be edible on the go, without any utensils. The finalists also need to be present a sustainable or eco-firendly packaging – or why not even an edible packaging...
• A chocolate bonbon with a design and flavours that push the boundaries of the bonbon as we know it today. Hello future!
GROUP 1 - 7AM-11:30AM (CET)
1. USA Florent Cheveau
2. BELGIUM Jurgen Baert
3. UAE Aravidna Leelarathna
4. NETHERLANDS Patrick De Vries
5. KOREA Eun-Hye Kim
6. ITALY Maurizio Frau
7. GERMANY Martin Studeny
8. MOROCCO Yassine Lamjarred
9. MEXICO Alejandro Salas Rodriguez
10. RUSSIA Artem Glushkov
GROUP 2 - 1PM-17:30PM (CET)
11. CHINA JingJing Liao
12. FRANCE Yoann Laval
13. AUSTRALIA Daria Nochinporenko
14. POLAND Michal Iwaniuk
15. SPAIN Ivan Pascual
16. UK Barry Johnson
17. SWITZERLAND Elias Läderach
18. SINGAPORE Desmond Lee
19. DENMARK Tor Stubbe
20. JAPAN Akihiro Kakimoto
At the end of the ROUND 2 battle, the jury will reveal the names of the TOP 10 finalists to go through to tomorrow's FINAL ROUND 3! Stay tuned to discover if your nation will rank among the TOP TALENTS in patisserie and chocolate!